Today I want to talk to you about coconut oil. It is a staple in my kitchen and I use it in so many different ways that I just have to share with you the amazing things you can do with it. So here are 20 uses of coconut oil just for you! Enjoy!
- As a lotion– you can massage it into your skin after bathing instead of a body lotion
- Eye-makeup remover– the best makeup remover ever! It even gets rid of waterproof mascara minus the 5-minute-rub you do with a drugstore product, which will cost you premature wrinkles and nobody wants that, right?
- To prevent stretch marks– if you are trying to lose weight or the opposite to gain weight, your skin will stretch; and this is the main cause of stretch marks, in order to prevent them use coconut oil on a daily basis
- As a massage oil– I really can say much about it; one word though: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ! You have to try it in order to get what I mean by saying this 😉
- To get rid of frizzy hair– We’ve all been there…you do your hair, go out, it’s humid and your hairstyle goes bye-bye…not cute. But don’t worry, just take a small amount of coconut oil in your palms and go gently through your hair.
- Body scrub– mixed with sugar or sea salt makes for a great DIY body scrub!
- Natural chap stick– just rub some coconut oil onto your lips and you are good to go.
- Deep–conditioner– Melt the coconut oil and rub it into your hair and scalp. Leave it for at least 30 minutes and wash it out.
- It can help speed healing of sunburn– a life-saver if you forgot to put sunblock on before you went to the beach today 😉
- As a shaving cream– I dare you! Massage some oil on your legs and shave them, you’ll thank me later 😉
- After shave lotion– Again…amazing stuff! Your skin will thank you for moisturizing it.
- Facial moisturizer– You can use it instead of your night cream. It will provide moisture and it won’t clog your pores.
- Coffee creamer– This one goes out to all coffee freaks like me! Just one little spoon of it in your morning coffee will change your whole day! And it will give you energy which is always a bonus!
- Nail and cuticle treatment– It helps with nail growth and it makes your cuticles softer.
- Base oil ( in a lotion)– Every time I feel like my skin is a bit dryer than usual I just mix my lotion with some coconut oil. It makes all the difference.
- As an age/sun spots treatment– It will take a bit longer for this one to do its work but if you are persistent, it can really help you with any spots or scars you want to get rid of.
- It prevents split end– Because it moisturizes your hair deeply, it may prevent split end due to heat damage or color treatment.
- Clean makeup brushes– You can clean your makeup brushes with coconut oil! It works just as well as olive oil.
- Eyelash enhancement– If you want to give your eyelashes a boost, you can apply a small amount of coconut oil on them before bed.
- It can reduce dandruff– Coconut oil can clean your face and your scalp as well! Massage it into your scalp and leave it for 15-30 minutes, wash it out afterwards.
Alright ladies! Those were just some perks of this miraculous oil. Do you use coconut oil? Or even better, do you know any other benefits of it? Please do share! I’ll be happy to read your comments on it!